The wine town of Poysdorf is located in the northern Weinviertel on the Brünner Straße in the middle of the Weinviertel hilly landscape. Numerous cellar lanes, excellent wines and numerous cycling and hiking trails make the hearts of wine lovers beat faster. Located about half an hour's drive north of Vienna, the wine town of Poysdorf in Veltlinerland in the northern Weinviertel is the perfect holiday address for wine lovers and connoisseurs. The vineyards around Poysdorf cover around 1,400 hectares of vineyards.
Geniesserhof Haimer cultivates 17 hectares of vineyards in the best locations in Poysdorf with passion:
- Neidharden https://www.riedenkarten.at/202273/neidharden
- Kirchberg https://www.riedenkarten.at/202271/kirchberg
- Weißer Berg https://www.riedenkarten.at/202282/weisser-berg
- Bürsting https://www.riedenkarten.at/202268/buersting
- Steinberg https://www.riedenkarten.at/202278/steinberg
- Steigelberg https://www.riedenkarten.at/202277/steigelberg
The vineyards are cultivated as sustainably and carefully as possible - through the use of natural vineyard greening, alternative pest control and the application of compost. Our winery has been “Certified Sustainable Austria” since the 2020 vintage.
Nutrient-rich soils and sun-drenched locations are the best conditions for excellent wines. Strict thinning, targeted vine and soil work, gentle pressing and controlled fermentation create great products that regularly bring national and international recognition to Poysdorf wine.
The clay and loess soils, hot summer days and cool autumn nights give the grapes a special, rich aroma. It is our goal to bring the taste of these grapes into the bottle for you.